DCF joins investigation into child abuse claims at home of Chiefs WR Tyreek Hill

courtesy: chiefs.com

Update Monday, March 18, 2019

The Kansas Department for Children and Families confirms it is investigating the situation involving claims of child abuse at the Overland Park home of Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill.

A spokesperson for DCF tells Kansas City CBS affiliate KCTV-5 the investigation is due to an ongoing report they received. The spokesperson did not elaborate.

The Johnson County District Attorney's Office also released a statement Monday concerning the investigation. The prosecutor's office says the investigation is ongoing and that it would be irresponsible to make definitive "official" statements before the investigation is complete.

In news KCTV-5 brokelast week, there where two Overland Park police reports at an address connected with Hill. The first, filed March 5, names Hill and his fiance. The nature of the March 5 call was child abuse-neglect. The second case, filed last Thursday (March 14) was for a battery call listing a juvenile victim.

The Johnson County district attorney hasn't given a timeline for when he'll decide whether to file charges.

At this time, Tyreek Hill has not been charged with a crime.


Friday, March 15, 2019
Kansas City CBS affiliate KCTV-5 reports a battery investigation involving a juvenile is underway at the home of Kansas City Chiefs Pro Bowl wide receiver Tyreek Hill.

The station reports Overland Park police were called to the home Thursday afternoon and that the NFL and Chiefs are aware of the investigation, which Overland Park police turned over to the Johnson County District Attorney's Office for review.

Hill's name is not listed on this report, KCTV reports.

KCTV reports officers previously responded to the same address on March 5 to investigate a report of child abuse and neglect, but this original report was closed three days later when prosecution was declined. Hill's name was directly listed on this report.

Friday afternoon, the Chiefs released the following statement to the station.

“The club is aware of the investigation involving Tyreek Hill. We are in the process of gathering information and have been in contact with the league and local authorities. We will have no further comment at this time.”

IN 2015, Hill pleaded guilty to domestic assault and battery after his then-girlfriend said he choked her and punched her in December 2014 when Hill was a student at Oklahoma State University.

A judge deferred his sentence and those charges were eventually expunged, court records show.

Hill has not been charged with a crime in connection with the latest report. This comes as Hill is reportedly in negotiations to sign a "record-breaking" deal with the Chiefs.