Gray Television Apply Here
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. We own and operate leading media outlets in over 50 markets throughout the country – all delivering the news, weather, sports and entertainment that millions of our neighbors count on every day. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KWCH-TV/KSCW-TV is the #1-rated news leader based in Wichita, Kansas. If you only know Kansas from the Wizard of Oz, you'll be surprised to find tons of unique restaurants and a low cost of living so you can spend your money on weekend concerts, shopping and events! If you are looking for an excellent quality of life and a news family where you can grow doing what you love to do, we want to hear from you!
If you enjoy anchoring but still love telling stories from the field, this is your job! KWCH/KSCW is looking for a solid storyteller who has dynamic reporting skills on and off the desk. The ideal candidate is able to pitch and deliver lead stories and anchor a daily newscast. Investigative skills a plus.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Gather and deliver news and information in the most accurate, appealing, urgent and creative way
• Demonstrate sound news judgment and the ability to tell stories in a clear, informative manner
• Extensive knowledge of social media and how to use it to engage viewers and find new stories
• Enterprise hard-news stories under tight deadlines, develop and maintain sources
• Be a leader on the anchor desk during breaking news and weather situation
• Leadership behind-the-scenes, with a history of creating a positive work environment together with your entire team
• Develop, investigate, write, report, and edit stories for newscasts
• Attend/host/speak at community service, schools and community events; meet and greet viewers
• Attendance at editorial meetings, participation in story selection process and contribute story ideas
• Write, edit, and post digital stories prior to airing of the television version, update web stories regularly
• Plan and perform on-set interviews, reporting hard news, breaking news, severe weather and live demonstrations
• Must be a visual storyteller and have the ability to come up with creative, active live shots and stand-ups and ways to explain a story.
• Must be able to edit on non-linear equipment on a daily basis
• Coaching, feedback, and training are all part of the job
• Various shift work may be required
• Strong live on-the-scene reporting skills
• Prior anchoring experience required; at least two years reporting experience
• Be able to write and deliver stories clearly, accurately and in an easy-to-understand manner
• Possess excellent interview and conversational writing skills
• Excellent live reporting skills and strong on-camera presentation skills
• Compelling storyteller
• Ability to shoot and edit video; create personalized stories
• Able to produce and post original content to our websites
• Ability to generate daily and enterprise story ideas and effectively work a beat
• Able to play an active role in the editorial process
• Able to use social media to engage viewers
• Must be able to work well under pressure with limited supervision
• Strong initiative and attention to detail
• Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving in a manner that will work well with co-workers, supervisors and viewers
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of [Company Name]’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.