Gray Television Apply Here
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. We own and operate leading media outlets in over 50 markets throughout the country – all delivering the news, weather, sports and entertainment that millions of our neighbors count on every day. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KWCH/KSCW is the number one-rated television station located in Wichita, Kansas. We have a unique newsroom made up of multi-skilled journalists who love to tell interesting stories every single day. If you are looking for a place to grow doing what you love and have a passion to tell both news and sports stories, we want to hear from you!
KWCH/KSCW is looking for a journalist who loves covering news and sports. We are looking for a multi-talented storyteller who can figure out the impactful storyline from the city council meeting and the compelling story behind the high school athlete in the same week. Don’t miss this chance to work for one of the best broadcasting companies in the business – Gray Television – at their dynamic operation in Wichita, which executes more like a top 30 market than a top 70. The position offers a competitive wage and comprehensive benefit package, including group health & dental, paid time off, 401(k) and more.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Use writing skills for on-air and online
• Write and post digital stories
• Demonstrate sound news judgment and ability to tell stories with pictures and nat sound
• Must be able to utilize non-linear editing equipment on a daily basis
• Must be a visual storyteller and have the ability to come up with creative stand-ups and ways to explain a story
• Develop and maintain sources
• Pitch stories in daily editorial meetings, play an active role in editorial process
• Ability to shoot a variety of sports; excellent storyteller who goes beyond highlights and scores
• Weekly contributor to our high school sports shows and website
• Opportunity to produce and anchor sportscasts
• Attend/host/speak at community service, schools and community events; meet and greet viewers
• Various shift work will be required; holiday work is required
• Critique, feedback and training are part of the job
• Follow clothing and appearance guidelines
A Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field is required
• Must be able to write, shoot and edit and have experience in a television newsroom
• Be able to write clearly, accurately and in an easy-to-understand manner
• Possess excellent interview and conversational writing skills
• Excellent live reporting skills and strong on-camera presentation skills
• Compelling storyteller
• Ability to shoot and edit video; create personalized stories
• Able to produce and post original content to our websites
• Ability to generate daily and enterprise story ideas and effectively work a beat
• Able to play an active role in the editorial process
• Able to use social media to engage viewers
• Must be able to work well under pressure and with limited supervision
• Strong initiative and attention to detail
• Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving in a manner that will work well with co-workers, supervisors and viewers
Please apply online at www.gray.tv/applynow
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of [Company Name]’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.