Royals vs. Tigers Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 22
The Kansas City Royals (14-34) host the Detroit Tigers (20-24) in AL Central action, at 7:40 PM ET on Monday.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Royals will send Brady Singer (3-4) to the mound, while Michael Lorenzen (2-2) will take the ball for the Tigers.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM
Royals vs. Tigers Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Monday, May 22, 2023
- Time: 7:40 PM ET
- TV: BSKC
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
- Venue: Kauffman Stadium
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Singer - KC (3-4, 7.09 ERA) vs Lorenzen - DET (2-2, 3.44 ERA)
Watch live MLB games on all your devices! Sign up now for a free trial to Fubo!
Discover More About This Game
|Royals Injury Report|
|Royals vs Tigers Betting Trends & Stats|
|Royals vs Tigers Player Props|
|Royals vs Tigers Prediction|
|How to Watch Royals vs Tigers|
|Royals vs Tigers Odds|
Royals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Brady Singer
- The Royals will hand the ball to Singer (3-4) for his 10th start of the season.
- The right-hander's last appearance was on Wednesday, when he threw six innings against the San Diego Padres, giving up two earned runs while allowing seven hits.
- The 26-year-old has pitched to a 7.09 ERA this season with 7.9 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 3.2 walks per nine across nine games.
- He's going for his third straight quality start.
- Singer has pitched five or more innings in two straight games and will look to extend that streak.
Try FanDuel Fantasy today with our link and make your perfect team!
Tigers Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Michael Lorenzen
- The Tigers will send Lorenzen (2-2) to make his seventh start of the season. He is 2-2 with a 3.44 ERA and 26 strikeouts through 34 2/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander last pitched on Tuesday against the Pittsburgh Pirates, when he went six scoreless innings while giving up five hits.
- The 31-year-old has put together a 3.44 ERA and 6.9 strikeouts per nine innings in six games this season, while allowing a batting average of .250 to opposing batters.
- Lorenzen is trying to build on a third-game quality start streak in this outing.
- Lorenzen will try to continue a six-game streak of pitching five or more innings (he's averaging 5.7 innings per outing).
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.