Royals vs. Tigers Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 23
The Kansas City Royals (14-35) take a four-game losing streak into a contest versus the Detroit Tigers (21-24), at 7:40 PM ET on Tuesday.
The Tigers will give the nod to Eduardo Rodriguez (4-3, 2.06 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 5 on the season, and the Royals will turn to Mike Mayers.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM
Royals vs. Tigers Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Tuesday, May 23, 2023
- Time: 7:40 PM ET
- TV: BSKC
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
- Venue: Kauffman Stadium
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Rodriguez - DET (4-3, 2.06 ERA) vs Mayers - KC (0-0, 3.37 ERA)
Watch live MLB games on all your devices! Sign up now for a free trial to Fubo!
Explore More About This Game
|Royals Injury Report|
|Tigers vs Royals Player Props|
|Tigers vs Royals Betting Trends & Stats|
|Tigers vs Royals Prediction|
|How to Watch Tigers vs Royals|
|Tigers vs Royals Odds|
Royals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Mike Mayers
- Mayers will make his first start of the season for the Royals.
- The 31-year-old right-hander has one appearance in relief this season.
- In one games this season, he has put up a 3.37 ERA and averages 10.1 strikeouts per nine innings while opposing batters are hitting .222 against him.
Try FanDuel Fantasy today with our link and make your perfect team!
Tigers Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Eduardo Rodríguez
- The Tigers' Rodriguez (4-3) will make his 10th start of the season.
- The left-hander's last appearance was on Wednesday, when he threw five innings against the Pittsburgh Pirates, giving up four earned runs while allowing six hits.
- The 30-year-old has an ERA of 2.06 and 8.3 strikeouts per nine innings, with a batting average against of .186 in nine games this season.
- He has started nine games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in five of them.
- Rodriguez will look to finish five or more innings for the eighth start in a row.
- The 30-year-old ranks fifth in ERA (2.06), second in WHIP (.865), and 38th in K/9 (8.3) among qualified pitchers in the majors this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.