Dust collector catches fire inside Maize business

MAIZE, Kan. (KWCH) Firefighters were able to quickly put out a building fire in Maize.

Smoke could be seen coming from the shop area when crews arrived at the Reiloy building, near 53rd St. N. and 119th St. W., around noon.

Officials say the fire started in a dust collector outside of the building.

Firefighters say fighting fires in this heat can be dangerous.

"Prehydrate. Hydrate early," said Capt. Kevin Nelson of the Sedgwick County Fire Department. "Once you start to get hot and sweaty, it's hard for your body to catch back up, especially inside the gear."

Reiloy was evacuated as a precaution. No one was hurt.